ATHENS — Good morning and welcome to national signing day. We have big plans for you.
I’m at Georgia’s Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall this morning monitoring the Bulldogs’ recruiting efforts. NCAA rules allow for national letters-of-intent to be signed as early as a 7 a.m. and I’ll be in place to report the first one.
If you’re keeping up from home or the office, there are two ways to monitor the day’s events. First, you can follow me on my Twitter page — @ajcuga. I’ll be putting up the bare bones news there as soon as it comes in. If you search Twitter for the hashtags #SigningDay or #NationalSigningDay, you’ll be able to dial up all our recruiting tweets on Georgia Tech, Georgia State, SEC and ACC teams and the state’s top recruits.
Secondly, keep your browser on the AJC sports page or ajc.com/sports. There you’ll find a continuously-updated, real-time Georgia recruiting news story that will chronicle the events in Athens throughout the entire day. To be clear about it, that’s on the MAIN SPORTS PAGE, not here on the blog. I’ll update this blog eventually, and probably more than once, but not until there’s a significant break in the day’s signings.
A quick summary: The Bulldogs head into Wednesday with the nation’s No. 10-ranked recruiting class, according to the composite rankings of 247Sports.com. But they could easily go up or down from there depending on what happens throughout the day. Will Georgia sign Norcross’ Lorenzo Carter, the state’s top recruit? Will the Bulldogs be able to flip ELCA’s Andrew Williams from Auburn and/or Clemson? Will they land wide receiver Isaiah McKenzie, Sony Michel’s 4-star teammate, at the last minute?
Stick around with us and we’ll see what happens. …
FROM THE EDITOR
Start with us at 7 a.m. and come back often as the AJC will be your Signing Day Central. No matter the platform or device you prefer, our team will have your team covered in depth. Go to ajc.com to get four important features:
- We want to display your photos documenting your athlete’s signing. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll have photo galleries showing the big day.
- AJC recruiting expert Michael Carvell provides the latest news and a running analysis of the day.
- You can tap into our live updates on our new Current ATL page throughout the day and find commentary from other news sources, the schools involved and updates on anyone who matters on National Signing Day in one-stop shopping for information. You can use #SigningDay or #NationalSigningDay to follow or be part of the conversation.
- We’ll offer a new feature, a region-by-region signing list, that will be updated continuously.
Go to myajc.com to get special premium features:
- You’ll get minute-by-minute updates from our beat writers on site at Georgia, Georgia State and Georgia Tech beginning at 7 a.m., and in the afternoon the same update on the first-ever signing class for Kennesaw State as Vince Dooley visits with new coach Brian Bohannon on the KSU campus.
- You can get deeper insight into the signings for Georgia and Georgia Tech with a complete list of inside information for each player.
- Each beat writer also will provide special video coverage of the day on campus.
- Our photo coverage extends to our premium site as well with multiple galleries.
In our Print AJC Sports section:
- You’ll find eight pages of expanded coverage including special analysis by our beat writers and columnists.
- Complete lists of SEC, ACC, State and AJC Super 11 signings.
- Interviews with key recruits and coaches.
In our Olive E-edition:
- We’ll provide coverage and analysis only found in the E-edition with a page on each of the major conferences, the ACC, SEC, Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 along with information on the other Division I conferences and independents.