- 1:41 pm Monday, July 21st, 2014 by Chip Towers
1. I enjoyed hanging out for a while Saturday with my 7-year-old son at the annual UGA Countdown to Kickoff extravaganza. The charitable event, featuring current and former Georgia football players, moved to Sanford Stadium this year and that appeared to be a hit for the hundreds of Bulldogs fans that turned out despite morning rains.
I know it was for my son. Hardcore fans like getting the autographs of and pictures with current and former Georgia football stars. As for my son, he was totally jacked about being able to run barefooted from goal line to goal line on [More]
- 9:58 am Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. A lot of folks aren’t sure how good Georgia’s defense will be in 2014, but everybody seems to be fairly certain the Bulldogs’ linebackers are going to be good. And I tend to agree with that.
Three of Georgia’s four linebackers were named to the Bednarik Award watch list released on Monday. Now say what you will about watch lists (more on that later), but the Bednarik trophy is supposed to go to the nation’s best overall defensive player, so Georgia having three representations gives you an idea why the reputable Phil Steele has ranked [More]
- 9:39 pm Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – Georgia’s Keith Marshall could possibly take a medical redshirt and sit out this coming season. In fact, at one point it seemed like the best option. But the junior tailback appears to be doing everything in his power to see that doesn’t happen.
The Bulldogs’ had a full-contact practice on Tuesday — their third in a row this spring — and there was Marshall dressed out in full pads. No, he didn’t get tackled or participate in competitive drills. But just the fact that he was running plays in full gear barely four months after being in wheelchair following [More]
- 9:41 am Tuesday, April 1st, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
ATHENS – After a long hiatus, “The Ten at 10″ is back. No fooling.
The Ten is an aggregation blog that was developed to keep Georgia Bulldogs’ fans informed about everything that’s going on in UGA athletics during the warm months. We all live for football in the fall and basketball during the winter, but when this time of year comes around, you need 10 items just to get around to everything that’s going on. As ever, there are a ton of things happening on Georgia’s athletic grounds.
Of course, spring football tops that list. So with that, let’s [More]
- 11:44 am Friday, March 21st, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – Georgia’s J.J. Green is one of those delightful young men you simply enjoy running across every now and then in this business.
College football and the entitlement and idolatry that comes with it can sometimes rob these elite athletes of their joy, or at least that which they reveal to reporters. That’s definitely not the case with Green.
It’s evident that he is simply happy to be where he is and doing what he does. At the moment that’s play defensive back for the Bulldogs.
You’ll recall that Green was asked to play tailback last season, and he did it well. [More]