- 11:19 am Wednesday, August 20th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – OK, so yesterday was a little unusual in terms of practice coverage. Normally Georgia would conduct a workout, I’d attend the media observation period early on along with other reporters and file a quick report afterward based on what I’d seen, then write some stories based on post-practice interviews.
As coach Mark Richt said, the Bulldogs “tried something different” yesterday. They practiced at Sanford Stadium and invited the UGA student body to come to watch. Thankfully, they invited the media to come as well, but that came with several preconditions. We could not take pictures or video, we could [More]
- 9:49 am Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Georgia is just four days into preseason camp and injuries are starting to become part of the 2014 storyline. The latest name added to the list is Shattle Fenteng.
Fenteng, a junior college transfer from Hutchinson Community College, was having his shoulder and arm attended to by head trainer Ron Courson early in Monday’s practice before leaving Woodruff Practice Fields for the day. UGA was unable to supply an injury update after the 90-minute workout and the hope is that there will be one at some point Tuesday.
- 9:58 am Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. A lot of folks aren’t sure how good Georgia’s defense will be in 2014, but everybody seems to be fairly certain the Bulldogs’ linebackers are going to be good. And I tend to agree with that.
Three of Georgia’s four linebackers were named to the Bednarik Award watch list released on Monday. Now say what you will about watch lists (more on that later), but the Bednarik trophy is supposed to go to the nation’s best overall defensive player, so Georgia having three representations gives you an idea why the reputable Phil Steele has ranked [More]
- 10:02 am Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. I talked to quarterback Aaron Murray on Monday about his big debut as a professional in UGA’s Pro Day on Wednesday morning. Here’s a link to the story that will run in Wednesday’s newspaper.
Murray has already turned some heads with his recovery from last November’s knee surgery. Just 4 1/2 months since having ACL reconstruction surgery, Murray says he is fully recovered and will prove it to NFL executives and scouts Wednesday morning.
I talked to several people about Murray’s pro prospects and right now I’m having a hard time finding a dissenting opinion. Where [More]