- 10:40 am Monday, May 12th, 2014 by Chip Towers
(Updated: Left Blake Sailors off list of free agents) …
MONDAY MORNING REWIND
1. The NFL Draft was completed on Saturday without the Georgia Bulldogs making a significant impact on it. Only two Bulldogs were drafted and both went in the middle of the fifth round.
Quarterback Aaron Murray went to the Kansas City Chiefs with the 163rd pick overall and tight end Arthur Lynch was chosen by Miami eight slots earlier.
It was the first time since 2000 Georgia had that few. UGA had eight in 2013 and seven in 2012.
The situation Murray inherited in Kansas City is an interesting one. [More]
- 10:02 am Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. I talked to quarterback Aaron Murray on Monday about his big debut as a professional in UGA’s Pro Day on Wednesday morning. Here’s a link to the story that will run in Wednesday’s newspaper.
Murray has already turned some heads with his recovery from last November’s knee surgery. Just 4 1/2 months since having ACL reconstruction surgery, Murray says he is fully recovered and will prove it to NFL executives and scouts Wednesday morning.
I talked to several people about Murray’s pro prospects and right now I’m having a hard time finding a dissenting opinion. Where [More]
- 4:22 pm Friday, January 31st, 2014 by Chip Towers
Garrison Smith is having a blast. He’s down in Pensacola, Fla., training hard for the NFL draft with a group called Athletes Performance Institute. He’s optimistic about his NFL prospects and, with his UGA degree already in hand, feels ready for whatever the future holds for him.
But in a lot of ways Smith wishes he could still be in Athens getting ready for another football season next fall. Smith was the only starter the Bulldogs lost off last year’s defense. With all the experience they have coming back and the new changes that are afoot, he believes Georgia’s defense is [More]