- 9:54 am Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. Word coming out of Georgia’s football complex is that the Bulldogs’ “229 Boys” – Malcolm Mitchell, Jay Rome and Justin Scott-Wesley – have progressed nicely in their rehabilitations from leg injuries and are now working out full speed with the rest of the team in summer conditioning and practices. This is good news and, if it holds true through preseason camp, is a big deal for the Bulldogs’ offensive fortunes in 2014.
High offensive production has been almost taken for granted the past couple of seasons under the direction of quarterback Aaron Murray. Now it’s Hutson Mason’s [More]
- 10:40 am Monday, May 12th, 2014 by Chip Towers
(Updated: Left Blake Sailors off list of free agents) …
MONDAY MORNING REWIND
1. The NFL Draft was completed on Saturday without the Georgia Bulldogs making a significant impact on it. Only two Bulldogs were drafted and both went in the middle of the fifth round.
Quarterback Aaron Murray went to the Kansas City Chiefs with the 163rd pick overall and tight end Arthur Lynch was chosen by Miami eight slots earlier.
It was the first time since 2000 Georgia had that few. UGA had eight in 2013 and seven in 2012.
The situation Murray inherited in Kansas City is an interesting one. [More]
- 12:18 pm Wednesday, February 19th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS — Josh Harvey-Clemons is no longer a Georgia Bulldog. The former 5-star signee was dismissed by coach Mark Richt on Tuesday for a team rules violation.
It was at least the third strike from a disciplinary standpoint for the sophomore safety. Harvey-Clemons was in the midst of a four-game suspension for second violation of athletic association’s drug guidelines, the AJC confirmed last month. Georgia, as is its policy, has not specified what happened to precipitate this latest action.
As for his dismissal, one would think that places Harvey-Clemons in exclusive company. But it does not.
By my count, that’s more than [More]