- 9:58 am Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 by Chip Towers
I’m actually on vacation this week, as well as half of the civilized world as it appears to me. But I didn’t want to deprive anyone of their fundamental right to read “The Ten at 10.” So I slapped this together. Hope you enjoy, and happy Independence Day everyone! …
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Hope you got a chance to read the feature story I wrote recently on tight end Jay Rome. The junior from Valdosta finally appears to be close to healthy and he predicted he would be ready to play on Aug. 31 against Clemson. With the [More]
- 10:02 am Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. I talked to quarterback Aaron Murray on Monday about his big debut as a professional in UGA’s Pro Day on Wednesday morning. Here’s a link to the story that will run in Wednesday’s newspaper.
Murray has already turned some heads with his recovery from last November’s knee surgery. Just 4 1/2 months since having ACL reconstruction surgery, Murray says he is fully recovered and will prove it to NFL executives and scouts Wednesday morning.
I talked to several people about Murray’s pro prospects and right now I’m having a hard time finding a dissenting opinion. Where [More]
- 11:08 am Thursday, March 13th, 2014 by Chip Towers
As coaches go, Georgia’s Mark Fox is a pretty mild-mannered guy. When it comes to commentary about his team and basketball issues, he usually takes a reserved and measured approach and leaves you thinking it probably feels a little stronger than he lets on.
But it was a considerably more feisty Fox that reporters encountered Wednesday afternoon as the Bulldogs had their first and only interview availability before their Friday night appearance in the quarterfinals of the SEC tournament.
Fox was relatively outspoken on a myriad of topics, not the least of which was his team’s NCAA tournament at-large chances. The general [More]