- 10:01 am Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. I have to admit that I didn’t watch the season finale of “The Bachelorette” last night. In fact, the primary television set in my house blew out Monday and I spent the better part of the evening trying hook up my new “smart” TV and get it to communicate with my new cable box, which was a way more of an enormous undertaking than I expected.
That wasn’t why I didn’t tune in. Even with a Murray in the middle of it – former Bulldog Josh Murray won the hand of Atlanta’s Andi Dorfman, in [More]
- 9:54 am Monday, July 28th, 2014 by Chip Towers
MONDAY MORNING REWIND
1. It’s not going to lessen any of the negative publicity being directed at the Georgia football program at the moment, but redshirt freshman Davin Bellamy has handled his recent arrest for DUI about as well as anyone could ask.
Not long after bonding out of Athens-Clarke County Jail following his early Saturday morning arrest, Bellamy sent out a message on his Twitter account apologizing to his teammates, coaches and fans for his poor judgment and asking for a chance to earn back their trust. Nineteen-year-olds make mistakes all the time, but it seems rare [More]
- 9:58 am Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 by Chip Towers
I’m actually on vacation this week, as well as half of the civilized world as it appears to me. But I didn’t want to deprive anyone of their fundamental right to read “The Ten at 10.” So I slapped this together. Hope you enjoy, and happy Independence Day everyone! …
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Hope you got a chance to read the feature story I wrote recently on tight end Jay Rome. The junior from Valdosta finally appears to be close to healthy and he predicted he would be ready to play on Aug. 31 against Clemson. With the [More]