- 9:49 am Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Georgia is just four days into preseason camp and injuries are starting to become part of the 2014 storyline. The latest name added to the list is Shattle Fenteng.
Fenteng, a junior college transfer from Hutchinson Community College, was having his shoulder and arm attended to by head trainer Ron Courson early in Monday’s practice before leaving Woodruff Practice Fields for the day. UGA was unable to supply an injury update after the 90-minute workout and the hope is that there will be one at some point Tuesday.
- 10:01 am Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. I have to admit that I didn’t watch the season finale of “The Bachelorette” last night. In fact, the primary television set in my house blew out Monday and I spent the better part of the evening trying hook up my new “smart” TV and get it to communicate with my new cable box, which was a way more of an enormous undertaking than I expected.
That wasn’t why I didn’t tune in. Even with a Murray in the middle of it – former Bulldog Josh Murray won the hand of Atlanta’s Andi Dorfman, in [More]
- 6:21 pm Tuesday, February 11th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – All right, Georgia fans, you’ve gotten what you wanted. The Bulldogs not only have added a special teams coordinator to the staff but they now have two. Assistants John Lilly and Mike Ekeler were named co-special teams coordinators by coach Mark Richt on Tuesday.
Now we’ll just have to wait to see if that makes any difference.
The Bulldogs last season were among the worst teams in the country team in special teams play. Some of it was quantifiable statistically and some of it wasn’t.
For instance, there is not an official NCAA statistic for “special teams disasters,” as [More]