- 9:55 am Tuesday, August 26th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Georgia’s ballyhooed freshman tailbacks Nick Chubb and Sony Michel will both play against Clemson this Saturday. How many actual rushing attempts they get – if any – remains to be seen.
Offensive coordinator Mike Bobo, echoing what running backs coach Bryan McClendon said on 680 the Fan’s “Bulldog Roundtable” radio show this past Friday, confirmed that all five scholarship tailbacks in Georgia’s offensive arsenal will get playing time in the opener.
“The game will dictate touches and plays,” Bobo said. “That’s really at any skill position. All five are doing well but we’ll know more (closer to the [More]
- 11:06 am Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS — Back over at the Butts-Mehre football complex this morning as the Bulldogs conduct practice number 15 of 29 this preseason. That’s, of course, counting yesterday’s practice, which happened to be conducted in a pool. They are in full pads this morning and will come back tonight in shells to complete the last two-a-days session of camp.
Lots to get to from this morning’s 14-minute media viewing period, most of it on the injury front:
The most notable new injury appears to be Reggie Davis. The sophomore wide receiver had his left hand completely clubbed up in a cast. No details [More]
- 9:48 am Monday, August 11th, 2014 by Chip Towers
MONDAY MORNING REWIND
ATHENS – Back over at The Butts this morning for practices 12 and 13 of Georgia’s preseason camp. The Bulldogs are in full pads this morning and will go again tonight in a closed practice.
I’ll be filing reports and blogs all day, so check back frequently. In the meantime, he’s your regular review of UGA happenings over the weekend:
1. Georgia’s defense garnered the headlines after Saturday night’s scrimmage because it didn’t get burned for any big plays such as fans saw all too often last season. But lost in that accomplishment was the fact that the [More]
- 1:02 pm Saturday, April 5th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – OK, I’ll be filing a more comprehensive report on Georgia’s second scrimmage of the spring practice. All or parts of it will be posted on AJC.com and MyAJC.com a little later and, of course, you can read the whole thing in the Sports section of the Sunday newspaper.
But here’s a quick rundown and a couple of videos to watch to get an idea of what happened:
The offense played much, much better than it did last week, particularly running the football.
Quarterback Hutson Mason, tailback Todd Gurley, receiver Jonathan Rumph and kicker Marshall Morgan starred for the offense.
Linebacker Ramik Wilson, [More]
- 10:12 pm Thursday, March 27th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – Got a rare treat this afternoon as Georgia coach Mark Richt allowed reporters to watch the entire football practice. As far as I can remember, and I haven’t covered the team every year Richt has been here since 2001, but it’s the first time I recall him permitting that.
That used to be standard operating procedure in past days. I recall covering some Vince Dooley and Ray Goff practices in the late ’80s where you’re literally standing a few feet behind the ongoing drills. I’d be out there so long I’d bring sunflower seeds to help pass the time. [More]