- 9:47 am Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. Georgia rushed for 328 yards against Clemson and 283 of that came after halftime. Todd Gurley and the Bulldogs’ other young tailbacks certainly deserve a lot credit for that as they pounded the ball against the Tigers’ tired defense well into the fourth quarter. But quarterback Hutson Mason believes UGA’s offensive coaches deserve some credit, too.
Mason didn’t want to get too specific about the adjustments that the coaches made as the game got deep into the third quarter, but he said offensive coordinator Mike Bobo and line coach Will Friend noticed something Clemson was doing to [More]
- 11:06 am Wednesday, August 13th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS — Back over at the Butts-Mehre football complex this morning as the Bulldogs conduct practice number 15 of 29 this preseason. That’s, of course, counting yesterday’s practice, which happened to be conducted in a pool. They are in full pads this morning and will come back tonight in shells to complete the last two-a-days session of camp.
Lots to get to from this morning’s 14-minute media viewing period, most of it on the injury front:
The most notable new injury appears to be Reggie Davis. The sophomore wide receiver had his left hand completely clubbed up in a cast. No details [More]
- 10:48 am Friday, August 8th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS — Back over at The Butts this morning (that’s what the players call the football complex). The Bulldogs were back on the field for their second day of two-a-days, their fourth straight day of full pads, their eighth day of practice in a row and their ninth practice overall. Georgia will hold its 10th practice, a closed walk-through session in preparation for tomorrow’s scrimmage, tonight at 7:30 p.m.
At this point, the Bulldogs are pretty much done with playbook installation. They’ll put the finishing touches knowing the playbook this morning, prepare for tomorrow’s scrimmage this evening, then finalize the few [More]
- 9:46 am Wednesday, August 6th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – Good morning. I’m back over here at the Butts-Mehre football complex for the first two-a-day session of preseason camp. The Bulldogs’ first practice of the day will be in full pads this morning at 9:30 and the second will be this evening at 7:30 p.m. in “shells.” It’s the first of four two-a-day practices will have this month.
Yesterday’s workout was the first in full pads this year and it was an intense. An Oklahoma drill in the early portion of practice proved somewhat climactic as Georgia went back to its installation work and preparing for Saturday’s all-important first [More]
- 9:49 am Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Georgia is just four days into preseason camp and injuries are starting to become part of the 2014 storyline. The latest name added to the list is Shattle Fenteng.
Fenteng, a junior college transfer from Hutchinson Community College, was having his shoulder and arm attended to by head trainer Ron Courson early in Monday’s practice before leaving Woodruff Practice Fields for the day. UGA was unable to supply an injury update after the 90-minute workout and the hope is that there will be one at some point Tuesday.
- 10:00 am Tuesday, June 24th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Georgia announced last week that tight end Hunter Atkinson, an incoming freshman from Oakwood, was quitting the team “to concentrate on opportunities associated with his long term career goals.” He’d been on campus barely two weeks.
I’ve tried to reach Atkinson or members of his family since that somewhat vague announcement in hopes of getting more details. But it appears they’re not interested elaborating, at least not at this point. I did get a chance to talk to Atkinson’s coach at West Hall High School, Tony Lotti, however.
Lotti informed me he had a brief visit [More]