- 9:57 am Tuesday, August 12th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Georgia’s fullback situation is starting to get real interesting.
Junior Merritt Hall is the undisputed starter at that position and his unique abilities there is what allowed the Bulldogs to develop an H-back/tight end role for Quayvon Hicks. A former walkon out of the Wesleyan School in Peachtree Corners, Hall has played in 25 games at Georgia with seven starts.
But Hall is suddenly sidelined, and while it may have seemed like small, insignificant injury news when it first appeared on Monday, there are indications Hall could be out for an extended period.
Georgia has not said what the [More]
- 1:02 pm Monday, August 11th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – For the first time this season, Georgia’s freshmen and first-year players were available for interviews on Monday. The Bulldogs allowed rookies on the offensive side of the ball to be interviewed this morning and the defensive newbies will be available by request on Tuesday.
Of course, most of the buzz so far has been about 5-star tailbacks Nick Chubb and Sony Michel. So I video’d the first portion of my interviews with those guys and have posted them below. I’ll come back and try to share at least a quote or to from anybody else I got that was [More]
- 9:49 am Tuesday, August 5th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Georgia is just four days into preseason camp and injuries are starting to become part of the 2014 storyline. The latest name added to the list is Shattle Fenteng.
Fenteng, a junior college transfer from Hutchinson Community College, was having his shoulder and arm attended to by head trainer Ron Courson early in Monday’s practice before leaving Woodruff Practice Fields for the day. UGA was unable to supply an injury update after the 90-minute workout and the hope is that there will be one at some point Tuesday.
- 10:01 am Tuesday, July 29th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. I have to admit that I didn’t watch the season finale of “The Bachelorette” last night. In fact, the primary television set in my house blew out Monday and I spent the better part of the evening trying hook up my new “smart” TV and get it to communicate with my new cable box, which was a way more of an enormous undertaking than I expected.
That wasn’t why I didn’t tune in. Even with a Murray in the middle of it – former Bulldog Josh Murray won the hand of Atlanta’s Andi Dorfman, in [More]