- 3:05 pm Wednesday, October 1st, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – I’m pretty sure Mark Richt and Mike Bobo talk. As head coach and offensive coordinator, I think they actually see each other face-to-face in meetings and at practice every day. But it would appear there’s a significant disconnect when it comes to the information they’re getting — and giving — on the availability of wide receivers Malcolm Mitchell and Justin Scott-Wesley for Saturday’s game against Vanderbilt.
You may have heard what Richt said on Tuesday during his weekly news conference. First, in answering a question about how Georgia’s passing game might improve, he said, “I do think [More]
- 9:54 am Wednesday, June 18th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. Word coming out of Georgia’s football complex is that the Bulldogs’ “229 Boys” – Malcolm Mitchell, Jay Rome and Justin Scott-Wesley – have progressed nicely in their rehabilitations from leg injuries and are now working out full speed with the rest of the team in summer conditioning and practices. This is good news and, if it holds true through preseason camp, is a big deal for the Bulldogs’ offensive fortunes in 2014.
High offensive production has been almost taken for granted the past couple of seasons under the direction of quarterback Aaron Murray. Now it’s Hutson Mason’s [More]
- 9:58 am Tuesday, June 10th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Believe it or not, there are only 81 days until Georgia kicks off the 2014 football season against the Clemson Tigers at Sanford Stadium. For the Bulldogs, preparations are already well under way.
Sixteen of Georgia’s 20 signees moved into the Oglethorpe House dormitory and enrolled in summer-school classes last week. That group will join the returning players for summer workouts and conditioning later this week.
So where are the four other signees, you might ask? Well, they’re either already in Athens, are on their way, or are not coming.
Quarterback Jacob Park enrolled in January and wide receiver [More]