- 11:04 am Monday, August 25th, 2014 by Chip Towers
MONDAY MORNING REWIND
1. I went to Norcross on Saturday to catch coach Mark Richt and his friends in the first All Pro Dad Live event at the Long Forum on the Greater Atlanta Christian School campus.
It was a very impactful event with some very impressive speakers, including former NFL coach Tony Dungy, Fox News anchor Bret Baier, NFL executives Mark Dominick and Troy Vincent and former star athletes Charlie Ward and Danny Wuerffel, among others. Of course, comedian Jeff Foxworthy also was there and he brought down the house as usual. Foxworthy was equal parts hilarious and profound in talking [More]
- 12:55 pm Thursday, July 10th, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS – Georgia has a defensive depth chart.
If that doesn’t seem like news to you, you haven’t been paying attention to the Bulldogs since Jeremy Pruitt took over as defensive coordinator. He left spring practice saying he wouldn’t have a depth chart until Georgia opens the season against Clemson on Aug. 30 and maybe not then. His point: The competition for playing time is ongoing.
So why now? Well, the bottom line is the Bulldogs simply had to have a depth chart to include in their 2014 media guide, which came out this week. I picked up my copy on Thursday.
- 9:58 am Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 by Chip Towers
I’m actually on vacation this week, as well as half of the civilized world as it appears to me. But I didn’t want to deprive anyone of their fundamental right to read “The Ten at 10.” So I slapped this together. Hope you enjoy, and happy Independence Day everyone! …
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Hope you got a chance to read the feature story I wrote recently on tight end Jay Rome. The junior from Valdosta finally appears to be close to healthy and he predicted he would be ready to play on Aug. 31 against Clemson. With the [More]
- 4:38 pm Saturday, March 22nd, 2014 by Chip Towers
ATHENS — Greetings from Butts-Mehre Heritage Hall. Just came in from my 10 minutes of allotted viewing time for Georgia’s third practice session of the spring.
Not a lot to glean from it today. First, if you were anywhere in Georgia on Saturday, you know already it was an absolutely gorgeous day. Two, there were tons of recruits in attendance. Sorry, I couldn’t tell you who any of them are, only that there were a bunch and they had a nice spread inside the Nalley Multi-Purpose laid out for them for sometime during the practice.
Out on Woodruff Practice Fields, the Bulldogs [More]