- 9:58 am Tuesday, July 8th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10:
1. A lot of folks aren’t sure how good Georgia’s defense will be in 2014, but everybody seems to be fairly certain the Bulldogs’ linebackers are going to be good. And I tend to agree with that.
Three of Georgia’s four linebackers were named to the Bednarik Award watch list released on Monday. Now say what you will about watch lists (more on that later), but the Bednarik trophy is supposed to go to the nation’s best overall defensive player, so Georgia having three representations gives you an idea why the reputable Phil Steele has ranked [More]
- 9:58 am Wednesday, July 2nd, 2014 by Chip Towers
I’m actually on vacation this week, as well as half of the civilized world as it appears to me. But I didn’t want to deprive anyone of their fundamental right to read “The Ten at 10.” So I slapped this together. Hope you enjoy, and happy Independence Day everyone! …
THE TEN AT 10:
1. Hope you got a chance to read the feature story I wrote recently on tight end Jay Rome. The junior from Valdosta finally appears to be close to healthy and he predicted he would be ready to play on Aug. 31 against Clemson. With the [More]
- 10:02 am Tuesday, April 15th, 2014 by Chip Towers
THE TEN AT 10
1. I talked to quarterback Aaron Murray on Monday about his big debut as a professional in UGA’s Pro Day on Wednesday morning. Here’s a link to the story that will run in Wednesday’s newspaper.
Murray has already turned some heads with his recovery from last November’s knee surgery. Just 4 1/2 months since having ACL reconstruction surgery, Murray says he is fully recovered and will prove it to NFL executives and scouts Wednesday morning.
I talked to several people about Murray’s pro prospects and right now I’m having a hard time finding a dissenting opinion. Where [More]